Take the quiz below to see if you or a loved one may be depressed. Not all depressed people experience the same symptoms and the number of symptoms and severity can vary over time. Also, men and women may experience depression differently.
- Do you have a persistent sad, anxious or “empty” mood, or feel restless or irritable?
- Have you lost interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities that were once enjoyable, including sex?
- Do you have decreased energy, feel fatigued or “slowed down”?
- Do you have difficulty concentrating, remembering things or making decisions?
- Do do you have trouble sleeping, early-morning awakening or oversleeping?
- Do you have persistent physical symptoms, such as headaches, digestive disorders and/or chronic pain that do not respond to routine treatment?
If you responded “yes” to two or more of the questions, you may be depressed and should seek help. If you responded “yes” to one question but symptoms are severe, you should seek help. If you have thoughts of suicide or self harm, seek help. Please contact us at 602-251-8535 to schedule an assessment today. We’re available to take your calls around the clock.