At St. Luke’s Behavioral Health we understand that you are experiencing a difficult time in your life. We make every attempt to ensure your hospitalization is a comfortable and therapeutic experience. To help with this we have established guidelines to ensure the safety and security of all of our patients.
As a patient you can expect the following:
- Visiting hours for all adult inpatient units:
- 6 p.m. - 8 p.m., seven days a week or as posted
- Visiting hours for children and adolescents:
- 6 p.m - 8 p.m., seven days a week or as posted
You will be on a daily schedule which includes groups, unit activities, and meetings with social services, nursing staff and hospital staff. We ask that your visitors come only during scheduled times.
Our goal is to create an environment that is therapeutic and comfortable for all of our patients. When visiting with your family or friends at St. Luke’s Behavioral Health Center, please be respectful of the many different types of people who receive treatment in our facility.
To help us provide a respectful environment, we ask that you follow these guidelines:
- Do not show excessive displays of affection while on the unit.
- Your visitors must stay in open areas, and are not permitted to visit in the patient rooms.
- Your visitors are asked to use good judgment in clothing. They may be asked to leave if they choose to wear clothes that are revealing, inappropriate or could be considered offensive to other patients.
- If a visitor appears to be under the influence of any substances, including alcohol, they may be asked to leave.
Phone Contact with Patients
You are able to make and receive phone calls from your family and friends. Telephone calls can be made and received between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. with the following exceptions:
- During group time, the patients are not accessible by phone are not available.
- Please try to avoid calling the unit during shift change: Daily between 6:30am-7:30am, 2:30pm-3:30pm and 10:30pm-11:30pm.
Bringing Personal Items to Hospital/Unit
Due to the lack of storage space, please limit personal items to one small bag. Items brought in by patients are the sole responsibility of the patient. St. Luke's will not be held responsible for any missing, lost/stolen or damaged items.
During the summer (Memorial day to Labor day) please bring an appropriate bathing suit i.e. one piece for women and knee length swim trunks for men.
Always give the belongings you may bring in to the staff first. Avoid bringing items in plastic bags.
All belongings brought onto the units will be searched.
Washers/dryers are available on each unit.
Please make sure all personal items are signed out and taken with you when you are discharged.
For items left in the safe after discharge, please contact Intake and Assessment at 602-251-8535.
The following items are not permitted on any unit:
- Drugs and/or medications
- Drug paraphernalia
- Spray cans
- Toxic markers and/or glue
- T-shirts, posters or jewelry, which advertise drug/alcohol use
- Valuables, credit cards and large sums of money
- Rubbing alcohol
- Pagers/ Cell phones
- Pornographic magazines/materials
- Safety pins
- Decorative pins
- Bags/Book bag w/long straps/including overall pants
- Clothes with cords/drawstrings/soft belts
- Metal containers or glass
- Q tips
- Air fresheners
- Mechanical pencils
- Pencil sharpeners
- Eyelash curlers
- Picture frames with glass
- Glass vases
- Helium balloons/latex
- Mouthwash (unless non-alcohol)
- Radios w/cords
- Laptops/Gameboys or personal electronics (ie: MP3, IPod, etc)
- Hangers/plastic, wood or wire
If you have any questions about what can or cannot be brought to the unit, please contact the unit directly.